Stay tuned for upcoming events, student organization activities, and new resources and opportunities for graduate students!
- The Writing + Critical Expression Hub is offering three new Spring quarter writing retreats (Apr 10-16; Apr 17 – May 15; & May 9 – Jun 6) and a new daily writing group Monday through Thursday, 9-10:30am. Don’t forget that they also offer one-on-one writing tutoring appointments.
- The Center for Engaged Teaching is again offering classes during Spring quarter, including Survival Skills for Teaching/Instructional Assistants and Introduction to College Teaching. Applications are due Mar 16!
- GSA Nominations & Elections: Want to run for an elected GSA office? Any student can run, but they have to be nominated by a current GSA rep or elected officer. Candidate platforms are due Mar 30, and elections will be held Apr 9. See the Elections Procedure Presentation for more details.
- UCSD Extension Vouchers: The Student Grant program vouchers are available for pickup at the Graduate Division (4th floor of the Student Services Center) starting Apr 2 @ 8:30am!
- Grad SLAM Finals: Mark your calendar for the UCSD Grad SLAM final round on Apr 12 @ 4-6pm! Come out to support your fellow grad students. FREE food + drinks will be provided!
- 2018 Commencement: New this year—commencement will be split into two ceremonies: one for Master’s students and one for Doctoral & MFA students. Also, students completing their degrees in Summer 2018 can participate in the 2018 Commencement! Register by May 24!
- Check out the Office of Research Compliance and Integrity, who has responsibility over Conflict of Interest (COI), Dual Use Research of Concern (DURC), Research Misconduct, Export Control and Facility Security, and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). The ORCI can help answer your questions about research compliance.
- The Critical Refugee Studies Collective (CRSC) is launching the Refugee Student Resource Program (RSRP), an after-school curriculum-based program for English learning refugee students in City Heights. We are looking for graduate student volunteer tutors for Tuesdays and Thursdays. Contact Olivia Quintanilla, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Learn more about the CRSC programs and grants opportunities here.
Featured Event Flyers (click to enlarge):